WOD (World Origami Days)
On September 2005AOrigamiUSA was interested in making October 24th as the World Origami Day, since that date is the birthday of Lillian Oppenheimer (1898-1992), one of the founders of the British Origami Society and OrigamiUSA. Makoto Yamaguchi then mentioned that in Japan November 11th already in use as the gOrigami Dayh. So, the period from 10/24 to 11/11 was then agreed to become the period of gWorld Origami Daysh (or WOD for short.)
Since then OrigamiUSA had been engaged to spread the celebration of origami by spreading the joy of paperfolding in the whole world by promotions of the web events and individuals activities. In 2011 OrigamiUSA partnered with JOAS in order to promote WOD.
- Objective: World-wide celebration of origami by spreading the joy of paperfolding.
- Origami events during the World Origami Days will be posted on the web. The events will be posted in a chronological sequence.
- A virtual exhibition will take place on the web with acceptance of photo submissions of Chinese zodiac Origami models.
- This yearsf theme: Eastern or Western Dragon. Period of acceptance of models: from September 25, 2011 until November 11, 2011.
- Photos in JPEG should be uploaded at JOAS website. Information about the model including creator and folder should be entered.
- The most interesting models will be also displayed at JOAS Hall or Origamihouse Gallery.
- The web exhibition will take place during the WOD period. Also at that time details for the actual exhibition at JOAS Hall and Origamihouse will be announced.
- OrigamiUSA and JOAS committee members will select gMy Besth and gMy Favoriteh models from the web as well as at the actual exhibition.
- The WOD logo will be offered to those submitting WOD events as well as submissions, so as to promote WOD.
A small celebratory token featuring the WOD logo is planned to be offered for those models submitted for the actual exhibition.
- OrigamiUSA WOD Website: